Home Page > Signalling Notices > 1900-1909 > 1904
NEW SIGNALS AT BALQUHIDDER EAST BOX, AND ALTERATION OF SIGNALS AT BALQUHIDDER STATION
To facilitate the completion of the work in progress at Balquhidder Station, the platform lines will be extended and a new signal box will be opened on the down side of the line at the east end of the station, about 400 yards west of mile post 12 and in connection with which the following new and altered signals will apply:
Up Home for Main Line near east end of Up Platform, about 41 yards west of the box, with a left hand bracket disc (Up Main Line to Dead End Siding).
Down Home with Station Frame Down Distant lower on same post with a right hand bracket signal (Home to Branch Line), about 195 yards east of the box.
Home Branch Line to Main Line outside the Branch Loop Line, about 69 yards west of the box, with a left hand bracket disc (Branch Line to Dead End Siding).
Up Distant, lower on same post as Station Frame Up Home, at side of line from Glenoglehead Crossing, about 330 yards west of the box.
Down Distant, at side of line from Strathyre, about 998 yards east of the box.
Ground disc (From Branch Loop Line) outside the Loop Line, about 69 yards west of the box
Balquhidder Station Dwarf Frame
In addition to the provision of the new signal box at Balquhidder East, a Dwarf Frame is brought into use at the west end of the Up Platform, about 327 yards west of the East signal box, from which the following signals will be worked:
Up Home with East box Up Distant lower on same post, at side of line from Glenoglehead Crossing, about 3 yards west of the Station Frame.
Down Home on Down Platform, about 83 yards east of the Dwarf Frame.
Up Distant, at side of line from Glenoglehead Crossing, about 762 yards west of the Dwarf Frame.
Down Distant lower on same post as Balquhidder East Up Home, about 522 yards east of the Dwarf Frame and about 195 yards east of Balquhidder East signal box.
All previous Signal Notices referring to Balquhidder Station are hereby cancelled.
To come into operation on Sunday, the 18th day of December, 1904.