Home Page > Signalling Notices > 1900-1909 > 1905
ALTERATION OF AND ADDITIONAL SIGNALS AT BALQUHIDDER EAST AND WEST BOXES AND LOCHEARNHEAD STATION
Work completed at Balquhidder and new signal box opened between the Up Main Line and the Branch Platform Line, 399 yards west of Balquhidder East signal box and 81 yards east of milepost 12½.
Up Main Line Home with East Box Up Main Line Distant below and a left hand bracket arm (Line from Glenoglehead Crossing to Branch Platform Line) at the side of the Line from Glenoglehead Crossing about 213 yards west of the box and 612 yards west of Balquhidder East signal box.
Home from Lochearnhead to Branch Platform Line at side of Lochearnhead Line opposite the signal box with a left hand bracket disc (Line from Lochearnhead to Branch Loop Siding).
Down Main Line Home between that line and the Carriage Siding about 49 yards east of the box with a left hand bracket disc (Down Main Line to Dead End Siding).
Double bracketed post with a central disc signal at west end of Branch Platform about 121 yards east of the box:
Left hand arm - Branch Platform Line to Line to Glenoglehead Crossing.
Right hand arm - Branch Platform Line to Line to Lochearnhead.
Central disc - Branch Platform Line to Goods Yard.
Up Distant at side of line from Glenoglehead Crossing, about 1120 yards west of the box.
Down Distant below Balquhidder East Down Home, about 549 yards east of the box.
Line from Lochearnhead Distant at side of that line, about 714 yards west of the box.
Siding Ground Discs: From Goods Yard between Yard Sidings and Lochearnhead Line about 23 yards east of the box.
Two outside Carriage Siding, about 39 yards east of the box:
Farther from Rails - Down Carriage Siding to Dead End Siding.
Nearer to Rails - Down Carriage Siding to Main Line.
From Branch Exchange Siding, outside that siding, about 31 yards east of the box.
From Branch Loop Siding, outside that siding, about 80 yards east of the box.
Balquhidder Station Dwarf Frame will be dispensed with.
To come into operation on Monday, the 1st day of May, 1905.