Home Page > Signalling Notices > 1890-1899 > 1891

Signalling Notices

(1891)



No. 496.
GLASGOW, 16th December, 1891.

ALTERATION OF AND ADDITIONAL SIGNALS AT TYNDRUM STATION

In consequence of the alterations at Tyndrum, the following alterations have been made on the Signals:-

A New Signal Frame, from which the Signals will now be worked, has been erected outside the Down Loop Line, about 7 yards East from the Callander end of the Down Platform, and about 46 yards West from the present Signal Frame, which it will supersede.

Home And Advanced Home Signals.- The New Advanced Up Signal is the Signal on the Post which carries one Up and one Bracket Signal, and stands by the side of the Up Loop Line, about 96 yards East from the Frame.

The Bracket Signal on the above described Post is the Signal from the Up Loop Line to the Goods Loop Line.

The present Down Signal, which stands on the South side of the Line, about 354 yards East from the Frame, will now be the Rear Down Signal. (This Signal is at present in operation.)

A New Down Signal has been erected, about 172 yards West from the present Down Signal, which it will supersede, and now stands by the side of the Down Loop Line, about 182 yards East from the Frame.

A New Advanced Down Signal has been erected by the side of the Down Loop Line, about 122 yards West from the Frame.

Ground Disc Signal.- A New Ground Disc Signal, from the Goods Loop Line to the Up Loop Line, has been placed outside the Goods Loop Line, about 170 yards East from the Frame.

The other Signals remain unaltered.

NEW DWARF FRAME.

A New Dwarf Frame, of two Levers, has been placed on the South side of the Main Line, about 344 yards East from the New Signal Frame at the end of the Platform, from which the following Signal will be worked:-

Ground Disc Signal.- A New Ground Disc Signal, from the Goods Sidings to the Main Line, has been placed outside the Goods Siding, about 65 yards West from the Frame, and about 59 yards East from the present Semaphore Signal, which it will supersede.

To come into operation on Friday, the 18th day of December, 1891.