Home Page > Glenlochy Crossing
A new crossing loop was provided here in 1882 to split the section between Tyndrum and Dalmally. The signalman's accommodation was combined with the signal box. A switching out facility was provided in 1922. The crossing loop and signal box closed in 1966.
Signal box opened.
Col. Marindin (Board of Trade) reported on his inspection of a new crossing place, where the work had been carried out in accordance with Board of Trade requirements for same.
Switching out facility provided. All trains run via the Down Loop when the box is switched out.
|Glenlochy Crossing (1950)|
Up siding removed. Points in Up loop retained as trap points.
Down siding removed.
Alterations. Details unknown.
|Glenlochy Crossing (1952)|
Crossing loop abolished and signal box closed. Down loop retained as single line.