Home Page > Crunachy

Crunachy

(1923-1946)


Summary

A siding was opened here in 1923 for a Mr. Caldwell. It lay within the Awe Crossing to Taynuilt tablet section, just beyond the western limit of the area protected by the Pass of Brander stone signals. The siding was removed in 1946.


7 June 1923

Siding opened.


24 September 1926

Lt. Col. Mount (Ministry of Transport) reported on his inspection of a new connection in the single line, facing traffic in the Down direction from Loch Awe, to serve a new short dead end siding on the north side of the railway, the points and bolt being worked from a 2-lever ground frame, controlled by the Loch Awe/Taynuilt tablet. The interlocking was correct.


May 1946

Siding closed.