Home Page > Crianlarich West

Crianlarich West

(1897-1967)


Summary

Crianlarich West (or "Crianlarich Junction West") was one of two signal boxes opened in 1897 to control an elaborate junction layout for the spur connecting the Callander and Oban Railway with the North British Railway's West Highland Line. Economical facing point locks were installed within the sidings. The signal box closed in 1967.


20 December 1897

Signal box opened.



Crianlarich West (1932)
Crianlarich West (1932)

15 November 1960

Alterations. Details unknown.


12 February 1967

West Sidings removed.


26 February 1967

Signal box closed.