Home Page > Crianlarich Station

Crianlarich Station

(1873-1921)


Summary

A crossing loop and signal box were provided at Crianlarich when the line opened in 1873. From 1890, when the signals were interlocked, the layout was identically numbered to Luib. The crossing loop and signal box were abolished in 1921 owing to the close proximity of a crossing facility at Crianlarich Junction, less than a mile to the west. The sidings were retained however.


21 July 1873

Maj. Gen. Hutchinson (Board of Trade) reported on his inspection of the Callander & Oban Railway from Killin to Tyndrum. Working was to be by train staff, of which notice was required. All facing points should be set and locked in the reverse position from the existing setting. A re-inspection would be necessary when the works were complete.


1 August 1873

Line opened between Killin (i.e. Glenoglehead) and Tyndrum. Signal box opened.


17 October 1873

Maj. Gen. Hutchinson (Board of Trade) re-inspected, finding that most of the requirements of 21 July 1873 had been complied with, but the points levers were not of a satisfactory character and the engineer had promised to substitute a different kind.


8 January 1874

Maj. Gen. Hutchinson (Board of Trade) reported on re-inspection that points levers of a superior description to those before in use had been supplied, though even the present ones were somewhat deficient in weight and would require careful maintenance to ensure their working properly.



Crianlarich Station (1880)
Crianlarich Station (1880) (Un-numbered)

18 March 1890

Signal box replaced and signals interlocked.



Crianlarich Station (1890)
Crianlarich Station (1890)

20 May 1891

Temporary siding opened.


8 November 1893

New dwarf frame and signals for construction of West Highland Railway viaduct.


12 April 1894

New dwarf frame and signals for protection of new road overbridge. Temporary signals for West Highland Railway viaduct removed.


20 December 1897

Crianlarich Junction opened.


29 May 1900

Down Distant signal for Crianlarich East box relocated onto post of Crianlarich Station Up Home signal.


18 August 1908

Alterations. Details unknown.



Crianlarich Station (1920)
Crianlarich Station (1920)

15 November 1921

Crossing loop abolished and signal box closed. Down loop retained as single line. Dwarf frame provided to operate connection to sidings.