Home Page > Crianlarich East

Crianlarich East

(1897-1967)


Summary

Crianlarich East (or "Crianlarich Junction East") was one of two signal boxes opened in 1897 to control an elaborate junction layout for the spur connecting the Callander and Oban Railway with the North British Railway's West Highland Line. Economical facing point locks were installed within the sidings. This was the only signal box on the whole line that worked a splitting distant signal. The signal box closed in 1967.


20 December 1897

Signal box opened.


29 May 1900

Down Distant signal repositioned.



Crianlarich East (1932)
Crianlarich East (1932)

24 August 1949

Alterations. Details unknown.


14 February 1952

Alterations. Details unknown.


16 February 1966

Line closed between Crianlarich and Dunblane. A single token from the Crianlarich East/Luib section was retained to release the ground frame at Crianlarich Lower yard.


12 February 1967

East Sidings and headshunt removed.


26 February 1967

Signal box closed.