Home Page > Connel Ferry West
Connel Ferry West was one of two new signal boxes opened in 1903 when the layout was considerably enlarged, concurrent with the opening of the Ballachulish branch. This was one of two locations on the line where a signal gantry was installed. Additional sidings were laid in on the Down side during the Second World War, and removed in 1948. The signal box closed in 1967.
New layout brought into use and signal box opened.
Lt. Col. Yorke (Board of Trade) reported on his inspection of the following alterations:
Two new signal boxes had been built and the signalling rearranged:
The additional arrangement of signals from Ballachulish had to be placed on the signal bridge at the west end of the station. One of the signals now provided on the Outer Home signal post should be removed.
Signalling alterations to suit the requirements of the Board of Trade.
Lt. Col. Yorke (Board of Trade) re-inspected and found that his requirements of 28 August 1903 had been carried out. The box now contained 45 levers in use, 8 spare and 3 spaces.
|Connel Ferry West (1904)|
Revised signalling arrangements introduced at Connel Ferry Viaduct.
Down Sidings (Admiralty Sidings) opened.
|Connel Ferry West (1946)|
Down Sidings removed.
Dock Platform line removed. Signal gantry replaced.
Disc signals 21 and 33 repositioned.
|Connel Ferry West (1953)|
Down Distant signal renewed.
Signal box closed. Branch platform line retained as single line.
|Connel Ferry Viaduct|