Home Page > Connel Ferry East
Connel Ferry East was one of two new signal boxes opened in 1903 when the layout was considerably enlarged, concurrent with the opening of the Ballachulish branch. The signal box closed in 1967.
New layout brought into use and signal box opened.
Lt. Col. Yorke (Board of Trade) reported on his inspection of the following alterations:
Two new signal boxes had been built and the signalling rearranged:
|Connel Ferry East (1903)|
|Connel Ferry East (1927)|
New Up Distant signal provided.
|Connel Ferry East (1953)|
Signalling and permanent way alterations.
|Connel Ferry East (1961)|
Permanent way recoveries.
|Connel Ferry East (1965)|
Signal box closed. Branch platform line retained as single line.