Home Page > Callander West

Callander West

(1882-1965)


Summary

Callander West was one of two signal boxes provided in connection with the enlargement of Callander station in 1882. The signal box closed when the line closed in 1965.


1 August 1882

Signal box opened.


23 August 1882

Col. Marindin (Board of Trade) reported on his inspection of the incomplete new station. The signalling was concentrated in two new cabins at the ends of the loop and the interlocking was correct. The siding signals were, as usual on the Caledonian Railway, semaphore signals and not discs and it is desirable that these signals should be subordinated to the main line signals by shortening and, where practicable, lowering the posts. The station required re-inspection when complete.



Callander West (1884)
Callander West (1884) (Un-numbered)

30 April 1891

Alterations.


12 July 1895

Down Distant signal replaced.


6 September 1895

New dead-end siding brought into use.


12 November 1895

Alterations.


29 February 1896

Lt. Col. Yorke (Board of Trade) reported on his inspection of the change of position of the loop points at the west end of the station, bay lines constructed at each end, shunting sidings provided at each end of the loop and the resignalling consequent on these changes and which was worked from the signal cabin, containing 26 working levers and 1 spare lever. He required the starting signal of the Bay Line to be moved forward and a safety switch provided in advance of no.4 points.


31 March 1896

Down Passenger Dock Line signal replaced.


2 November 1902

Down Distant signal replaced.


18 May 1906

Alterations. Details unknown.


23 June 1932

Up Distant signal moved to right-hand side of line.


10 March 1952

Alterations. Details unknown.



Callander West (1957)
Callander West (1957)

21 December 1958

New ground disc signal placed in cess of Up main line.


30 October 1965

Signal box closed. Line closed.