Home Page > Balquhidder West

Balquhidder West

(1905-1965)



Summary

Balquhidder West was one of two signal boxes provided for the enlargement of the station in 1904/1905 when a junction with the Lochearnhead, St. Fillans and Comrie Railway was formed. Both boxes closed a few months before closure of the line in 1965.


1 May 1905

West end of new layout brought into use and signal box opened.


3 May 1905

Lt. Col. Druitt (Board of Trade) reported on his inspection of the junction of the Callander and Oban Line with the line of the St. Fillans and Comrie Railway. This cabin had 37 working levers, 8 spare and 3 spaces.



Balquhidder West (1905)
Balquhidder West (1905)

30 August 1952

Alterations. Details unknown.


24 November 1959

Comrie line severed.


21 March 1965

Signal box closed. Down line retained as single line.