Home Page > Balquhidder East

Balquhidder East

(1904-1965)



Summary

Balquhidder East was one of two signal boxes provided for the enlargement of the station in 1904/1905 when a junction with the Lochearnhead, St. Fillans and Comrie Railway was formed. Both boxes closed a few months before closure of the line in 1965.


18 December 1904

East end of new layout brought into use and signal box opened. Temporary dwarf frame opened at west end of station.


1 May 1905

West end of new layout brought into use.


3 May 1905

Lt. Col. Druitt (Board of Trade) reported on his inspection of the junction of the Callander and Oban Line with the line of the St. Fillans and Comrie Railway. This signal box had 23 working and 9 spare levers. Catch points were required at the lower end of the passing loop on the Down line.


21 November 1906

Alterations. Details unknown (provision of new crossover?).


29 July 1907

Lt. Col. Yorke (Board of Trade) reported on his inspection of a new crossover road covered by a new Up Starting signal on the Up platform. The signal box had 32 working and 4 spare levers.



Balquhidder East (1907)
Balquhidder East (1907)

19 June 1960

Trap points in Goods loop headshunt removed.


21 March 1965

Signal box closed. Down line retained as single line.