Home Page > Barcaldine

Barcaldine

(1913-1965)


Summary

A siding and station were provided at Barcaldine in 1913 for the use of the estate. They lay within the Benderloch to Creagan tablet section. The siding was removed in 1965.


17 July 1913

Siding and station opened.


17 October 1913

Col. Pringle (Board of Trade) reported on his inspection of a small platform for the use of the estate only, with access to the siding on the east side of the single line provided through points facing to trains from Benderloch and worked from a ground stage of 2 levers, controlled by the electric tablet for the single line section. An exit ground disc had also been provided for the siding.



Barcaldine (1913)
Barcaldine (1913)

26 July 1965

Siding closed.