Home Page > Ballachulish

Ballachulish

(1903-1966)


Summary

Ballachulish station, with two platforms and a goods yard, was the terminus of the Ballachulish branch. The signal box remained opened throughout the lifetime of the branch.


20 August 1903

Line opened between Connel Ferry and Ballachulish. Signal box opened.

View Signalling Notice

24 August 1903

Lt. Col. Yorke (Board of Trade) reported on his inspection of the Ballachulish terminus of a new branch from Connel Ferry, with a new signal box containing 15 working levers and 3 spaces. The turntables at Connel Ferry and Ballachulish were not yet ready and until they were, tank engines only would be permitted on the branch.



Ballachulish (1903)
Ballachulish (1903)

10 January 1954

Various alterations to ground disc signals. New 2-lever ground frame provided to operate the crossover between the platform lines.

View Signalling Notice


Ballachulish (1954)
Ballachulish (1954)

25 March 1965

Yard headshunt removed.

View Signalling Notice

18 November 1965

Alterations. Details unknown.


29 March 1966

Signal box closed. Line closed.