Home Page > Awe Crossing

Awe Crossing

(1893-1966)


Summary

A new crossing loop named Awe Crossing was provided to split the section between Loch Awe and Taynuilt. The signalman's accommodation was combined with the signal box. The crossing loop lay within the area covered by the Pass of Brander Stone Signals, requiring slotting between them and the new signals controlled from Awe Crossing. A switching out facility was provided in 1922. The crossing loop and signal box closed in 1966.


28 July 1893

Board of Trade inspection.


29 July 1893

Signal box opened.


10 August 1893

Down Home signal arm removed. Stone signal arm on same post now also acts as Down Home signal.


27 March 1922

Switching out facility provided. All trains run via the Down Loop when the box is switched out.



Awe Crossing (1922)
Awe Crossing (1922)

2 October 1966

Crossing loop abolished and signal box closed. Down loop retained as single line.