Home Page > Ach-na-Cloich

Ach-na-Cloich

(1916-1964)


Summary

A siding was opened at Ach-na-Cloich in 1916 to serve a sawmill. It lay within the Taynuilt to Connel Ferry East tablet section, a little to the west of Ach-na-Cloich station. Because of the gradient, the siding was only worked by Up direction trains. The siding was removed in 1964; Ach-na-Cloich station closed the following year.


16 August 1916

Siding opened.


22 November 1916

Col. Pringle (Board of Trade) reported on his inspection of new points laid on the single line to give access to a new Sawmill Siding on the west side of the railway and facing trains from Taynuilt. The points were worked from a 2-lever ground frame, controlled by the train tablet for the section. Due to the gradient, the siding was to be worked only by Up trains.



Ach-na-Cloich (1916)
Ach-na-Cloich (1916)

1 January 1917

Ach-na-Cloich station temporarily closed.


1 June 1919

Ach-na-Cloich station re-opened.


23 November 1964

Siding closed.